Thursday, February 02, 2006

Game 17 Summary - from the crease


On a night that looked a little bit like the tryouts in the movie "Miracle", that is exactly what the dark club needed to pull out a victory. Despite a strong effort from the darkies defense the whites just had to much fire power. Led by Joni Pitkiinan & Peter Forsberg the white boys came in waves leaving the final tally @ 11-4. The Commish, playing general manager, made some key trades acquiring Daddy Pat & Carl The Hurricane. He also welcomed back Crabby & The Mayor of SW Philly J.D. , along with Tree, Mick & Liam. The Commish also scouted the rinks as far south as Wilmington Del. Looking for any player that had his youth clubs jersey number retired. With the Olympic break looming for the NHL, were not sure who will be coming out to skate on Dang’s wing next week.

I have to take the time to mention the boys on the dark squad, The Bonner Connection, Tommy D & Jeff, Jaybird, Russ, Johnny "Rollerpants", Johnny Sprinks, & Birdcage, with two dudes I don’t know all played great .all night. Never took a shift off, thanks. I also understand locker room # 2 turned into a sauna because of the steam coming out of Ko-Ko’s ears, yo Adam they were due, we’ll get them next week..

Dennis St. Dennis nice job in goal, kept the darkies from getting to close. Daddy Pat packs a fine cooler.

I will leave you with this quote “ You may have made a number of saves, but what about those soft goals you allowed?”

Till Next Week

SIXPACK

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quickest skate of the year!!
If not for the Commish scouting the waiver wire it would have been 5 on 5 quicksand skate. I suggest the Commish buy out the contracts of the tardy slowpokes who never show but want to say they are on the tuesday Night Squad.

Thu Feb 02, 11:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quick skaters are one thing. Skaters so quick that pylons like me can't even wing in anger on their f---ing way by me is another!

Thu Feb 02, 11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those two guys suck!

Thu Feb 02, 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I'm not sure that mixing olympians with special olympians is a good idea ;)

Thu Feb 02, 01:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah, wah, wah. Those boys skate fast, I can't catch them, they shoot hard, they stole the puck from me, they didn't let me score. Wah, wah, wah

Loose the double runner skates & step up

Thu Feb 02, 03:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commisioners Report:

Teamates it appears I cannot win, guys are either to fast or to slow I cannot make everybody happy?

THE VIEW FROM THE COMMISH
After my recent recruiting trip I did bring back some talent thats true BUT has anybody ever see the Sivpack play better? A human highlight film! I dont remember any soft goals but I do remember the split glove save that Joe made or the puck he stole off the Predator on the back door.
If your there to win even if it means a cheapshot instead of a stick check let me know and your done its that simple.If you dont understand why we are there just look back to our mission statement on the webpage.
The only one who could complain is Joe and I know he loved the challenge thats what makes him a old school THNL superstar.
In honor of the olympic break next week will feature the Irish allstars verse the All-World squad.
Even though the Dark side lost they played pretty damm good against some very talented skaters.

RELAX ITS JUST A GAME

Good night good hockey!

Thu Feb 02, 06:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commish, I am truely humbled, & you are exactly right, just enjoy the fact that we can still play. Yea I keep score, but only to keep my head in the game. Don't worry about the final score of the game, just enjoy the competition & then a cold beer.

Thu Feb 02, 07:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My turn.
The view from "D"
I felt like I was in the Wizard Of Oz. Spinning and spinning and spinning, oh Auntie EM when will it stop. Well it stoped at 11:45. Yes it was a quick skate, a very quick skate if you were a cracker. From my vantage point it was alot of the "Smooth One" and then for kicks they throw in Chris Therien's twin. That my friends is the recipe for a long night and a long night it was. Crabs looked good after the trip on the DL, although I was hesitant when I got near him for fear of knocking him out for another month. Joe, you got the workout of the year and did a great job keeping it at 11. YO Daddy Pat and Liam I did make it to Nick's in time for a combo. Next week should be interesting. RUSS O'FURY

Thu Feb 02, 08:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commish,

Well put. We are there just for the fun of it. The score is not important.

Next week Ireland vs the world should be fun...

Jared & Mick are good fine Irish lads and should fit in fine

erin go braugh

Thu Feb 02, 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

and more importantly, Erin go braless

Thu Feb 02, 09:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crabby, was Erin her real name Saturday night? Just wondering...

Mon Feb 06, 01:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Crabby is not responsible for the horrendous spelling, grammar, and spongeification of this blog's content.

Powered by Blogger