Monday, April 27, 2009

A WEEK LATE UPDATE - THE END


Sorry for the delay with the lat update but I had a lot on my plate, first off I spent a long night in the parking lot but did manage to get about 3 1/2 hours sleep. A roller hockey championship run for my son & my duties as a trophy husband took up the rest of the week.
After a great time was had by all at the family skate & with the aroma of Jaybird's ribs still in the air, the boys took to the ice for the final skate of the season. The White squad picked up the victory by scoring the NEXT goal. The game had a nice pace & the goaltending was the best it had been all season. I don't recall the goal scorers for the Dark, I know Shooter had a beauty & the Commish capped his season with a least one of our four goals. Opie had a couple for the Whites including the game winner while Chuck & Jaybird played good cop/ bad cop on a 2 on 0 break & Jay smoked me like a rack of ribs. We had plenty of suds in the locker room, Hinekin, Molsen, & 2 cases of La Batt's led to a late night, but not before Spongee did a little side job with his shrink wrap on my sticks.
As usual there has been talk of a golf outing, I'm hearing Friday May 8th at Springfield, as far as I know this has not been confirmed. As far as plans for the summer Tree will be heading to Lake Placid for a goalie camp, Crabby will be suiting up for his old buddies "THE CRABS" out at Oaks & the rest of us can be found on baseball/softball fields, beaches, & hopefully golf courses throughout the area. And I just picked up the greatest new lawn mower ever, the instructions said I should put the bag on it, so the old lady is out back cutting the grass.

Seriously, I just wanted to thank the Commish for all his work keeping this thing going every year & all you guys for coming out every week, this was our best year yet as far as guys showing up & it made for our best season to date. Also hats off to Tree for his perfect attendance this year, for this he has been awarded the #15 jersey.
Have a great summer & hopefully we can get together for a beer before October.

17 Comments:

Blogger Crabby said...

Nice summary Six! Have a great summer - see ya on the golf course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjYnLgxyCI&feature=related

Tue Apr 28, 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent work Joe! I would slot car with you any time.

Chim chim

Tue Apr 28, 02:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will Frank be there tonight?

Chuck

Tue Apr 28, 07:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they make a uro-hockey-stick? How about a uro-desk-chair? I would never get up from my desk...hmmmm, a uro-slot-car-throttle! Now that would be something...I could slot car all day long...

Wed Apr 29, 09:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Annual TNHL Golf Outing is being planned for Friday afternoon May 8. Approximate start time is 1PM. Who is in? Let's go for record attendence this year. Let me know if you will golf by May 1. I will reserve T times. No golf skills are required. The riding rate is $43. You are responsible for any damage you may inflict on the surrounding neighborhoods or nearby traffic. Following the event an awards banquet will be held at Nick's (Food and Drink not included and If you would like to receive an award please bring one). You don't have to golf to attend.

Shooter

Wed Apr 29, 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger sixpack said...

Shooter,I'm in but I can't promise that I will be able to golf by then.

Wed Apr 29, 03:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great season gang. I think I had more fun this year than any year past. Since my hockey skills are a lost cause, I will use the off season time to hone my BBQ and beer drinking skills. Sorry, I cannot make the outing on the 8th. Duty calls. If we don't get together during the off season, have a great summer, see you in the fall.

Jay

Wed Apr 29, 07:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its good to hear that Jay is working on his BBQ & Beer drinking skills this summer. He has FINALLY gotten the purpose of the TNHL

Thu Apr 30, 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,

I am in for golf on May 8th.

Pat

Thu Apr 30, 07:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are we doing for golf?

Is Frank going to be there to sharpen cleats?

Thu Apr 30, 07:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on another great season guys. And thank you for the great hockey (including stellar goal tending by both goalies) and entertainment you provided as I sat in the stands each week! Have a great summer!

Sat May 02, 06:57:00 AM  
Blogger sixpack said...

That was really nice of JD to write that last comment, I was wondering where he was all season.

Sat May 02, 08:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Opie C said...

Opie is in for grass hockey on Friday.

Sat May 02, 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger sixpack said...

http://www.gunaxin.com/canucks-girls-vs-blackhawks-girls/19174

Check out this link

Sat May 02, 03:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to Friday's outing. Its the only time any of us can have a chance to take more shots then Shooter!

Sun May 03, 09:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the commish playing on friday?

Tue May 05, 05:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Commish is out for golf work related. The Commish may be available for the post non-athletic event at Nicks.
Good day good hockey!

Tue May 05, 09:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Crabby is not responsible for the horrendous spelling, grammar, and spongeification of this blog's content.

Powered by Blogger