Thursday, December 15, 2011

WEEKLY UPDATE


Well I'm back one week & out again, Doc says the best cure might be putting my foot in my mouth so here goes....
Dark crushes White using speed and slick passing, young Craig skated away from the dark defenders like they were Jerry Sandusky walking into a locker room. I have to hand it to Tree, he hung tough even though his team hung him out like he was Christmas Lights. Britter and Curty worked their yin and yang shit pretty well while Opie skated like he was on some kind of Chineese performance enhancing tea or something. Crabby and the Commish chipped in with their usual gritty play getting on the scoreboard while frustrating the whiteys with some on ice observations. Murph was awesome on defense logging huge minutes and saving my ass on a number of occasions.
The White boys fell behind early & were never able to get on track, Crafty had a few goals including two nice breakaways, he was introduced to Tree at the postgame brewfest. Chuck played his typical game; all over on offense but played defense like a lazy eye.... drifting off to one side for no reason. Fricker told me he was sorry for whacking my glove early on saying he was aiming for my head, then he bounced about four pucks off my noggin as the game went on. I'm not sure which was louder Shooter slamming the door at the bench or his Peter Laviolette impersonation after most shifts. Johnny Longpants & Romo were mostly ineffective at both ends of the ice as the score sheet will attest, for one of the few times this season both were on the minus side of the page, Rusty didn't fare much better, it was a tough night. Quiet Brian opened the scoring for the Whites cutting the Dark lead in half at 2-1 early on then had an assist about an hour later on the fifth and final Dark goal.
Curty did a nice job with a dual pack of icy LaBatt's and the ever popular Miller Lite for the boys after the game. Daddy Pat limped in just in time to help carry me out like an old sofa. I'm sitting here with my foot in a walking boot in between ice packs waiting for some therapy for plantar fascial fibromatosis hoping it will get better fast so I can return to work and more importantly return to the TNHL. Either way I will be on hand for our pre-Christmas Skate looking for some inspiration to pen the annual "Skate Before Christmas" Update.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe that is your best work yet. A hatrick of photos.

Commish

Thu Dec 15, 09:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Spongee said...

YEAH SIX NICE JOB.
3 Lovies.

Sounds like Tree needed more branches..........

Pogue Mahone

Sat Dec 17, 02:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like chicks

Sun Dec 18, 09:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need picture of Kilgore in his elf costume...

Mon Dec 19, 08:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Crabby is not responsible for the horrendous spelling, grammar, and spongeification of this blog's content.

Powered by Blogger